You are $75.00 away from FREE Shipping
We know kids best...
stride rite foot facts
The rite development
- Bones are not fully formed in a child's foot until age 5. While the foot is still developing, the
cartilage can be easily influenced by ill fitting footwear.
- Babies' feet do not have arches. Arches do not start to develop until 2 years old.
- The 52 bones in the human feet make up one quarter of all the bones in the human body.
- Babies' feet perspire two times more than adults; so always look for breathable materials such as leather and mesh or anti-microbial linings.
- The heel is the one bone in the foot that helps to balance baby's entire body. Wow!
- Similar to your body, your feet are still growing into your late teen years. So your tenth pair of shoes is just as important as your very first.
The rite fit
- You should never hand-down baby shoes from one child to another. Why? Baby shoes, especially shoes made of leather form to a child's foot once they are worn for a while. A person's gait is much like their fingerprint; it is unique to them. If a child wears hand-me-down shoes, his or her walking pattern may be affected since his or her feet are now trying to form to the gait of another child.
- Shoes that do not fit properly in childhood can contribute to poor foot development which can lead to bone, back and muscle problems later in life. To ensure a perfect fit, children's feet should be measured every 2-3 months until at least the age of 2 because their feet grow so quickly.
for Healthy Feet
Stride Rite has devoted over 90 years of research and experience to bring tested and proven technology to our baby, toddler, and kids shoes. Only stride rite has introduced a first walking shoe that is clinically proven to reduce the number of stumbles and falls when learning to walk. So whether your baby is starting to cruise or is on the move, stride rite is with you through every step.